Membership of the Sheffield & District Law Society is offered to Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Barristers, Judges, Magistrates, and other professionals with approval of the Committee. Membership of the Society is divided into the following categories:
- Corporate Membership
- Individual Membership
- Student Membership
- Barrister Membership
Corporate Membership involves a firm paying an annual subscription based on the number of solicitors that they employ. It covers all members of staff at the firm from support staff to partners and allows them all to access member benefits.
We offer a reduced regional rate for firms who are not based in Sheffield and employ more than five solicitors.
Individuals can pay for their own subscription if they wish to be a member of the Society and their firm is not a corporate member. Individual members get the same benefits as corporate members except for the inclusion of their firm’s logo and contact details on the corporate members page. Please note that individual membership is non-transferable and only entitles a named individual to the benefits of membership.
If you are a Law Student, a trainee solicitor or trainee legal executive studying and working in the Sheffield area you qualify for student membership of the Sheffield & District Law Society. Student Membership is free, so all you need to do is provide us with your details and an email address and we will do the rest.
Membership of the local Law Society means that you are in contact with nearly 2000 of your colleagues in the Sheffield area, you can join our social events, training courses and participate in the legal life of the city and the region.
If you want more information or if you want to enroll please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Barristers are able to become individual members of the Society or their Chambers can become corporate members.
Benefits of membership
- Representation on the Law Society Council and an opportunity to have your say on issues affecting the legal profession on a local, regional and national level.
- Access to exclusive discounts; click here to view these.
- A regular and frequent programme of CPD training courses tailored to the needs of local practitioners in all areas of practice, including reduced rates and at least 16 hours of free CPD each year for members.
- Access to extensive library facilities and our information service.
- Regular social events for members such as quiz nights and wine tastings.
- The annual Yorkshire Law Banquet, the most prestigious event in the local legal calendar, attended by high profile speakers.
- The provision, in conjunction with CRA Consulting, of a legal recruitment service focused on the local market.
- The opportunity to submit content for our regular magazine, The Legal, which is distributed quarterly to local law firms and businesses.
- Regular emails providing updates and news on matters of local importance.
- Participation in the referrals network between local firms and practitioners.
- Conference facilities available for hire at preferential rates.
- A dedicated page on our website for corporate members, including links and advertising.