CONVEYANCING LAW UPDATE
Conveyancing continues to undergo major changes and the course will aim to look at the most important changes and their effect on the conveyancer. In particular, ground rents are a cause for major concern and the Court of Appeal’s decision in Mishcon de Reya is of extreme importance.
Topics covered include:
- Recent cases on identity fraud in the light of Mishcon de Reya and liability of both buyers and sellers conveyancer
- Ground rent issues
- Mortgagee guidance on ground rents
- SDLT and additional dwellings: latest guidance
- Recent case law on rentcharges
- Recent case law on additional searches
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- The Energy Act 2011 and the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards
- Leasehold Dwellings Update including Service Charge liability in the light of Grenfell
- Replacing septic tanks under the General Binding Rules
- Mortgage Lender requirements
- Service charge liability post Grenfell
- SDLT and first time buyers.