EmployerBell and Buxton
Based in Sheffield City Centre
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Competitive salary (dependent upon experience)
We are looking for a Wills and Probate Paralegal to provide direct support to the Partners and other Fee Earners in a busy team in a high street firm.
The role requires that the Paralegal provide support to the team and also assists with fee-earning under the supervision and instruction of the Wills and Probate Head of Department and that they can manage their own caseload.
The Paralegal will be required to assist in the following:
- opening, closing, storage and retrieval of files
- Sorting through documents
- Dealing with all correspondence in and out and preparing mail and enclosures
- communicating with clients
- Drafting documents
- Preparing estate accounts/invoices
- Distributing funds
What we are looking for:
- Prior working experience in a Wills and Probate team is essential
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is essential
- Good English, grammar and spelling
- Familiarity with legal terminology in Wills and Probate
- Numerical skills – ability to deal with estate accounts.
- Excellent communication skills – experience in dealing with clients via telephone and face-to-face is essential
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within the required timescales
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
Experience of Partner for Windows is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org only.