EmployerSocial Work England
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, highly motivated corporate data and information manager to work to the principal legal advisor of Social Work England. This role will not only be designing, implementing and overseeing an approach to Information Governance but also managing non-compliance and breaches.
Salary and benefits
The salary is £37,000 increasing to £39,000 on successful completion of 6-month probation.
- 37 hours a week
- Flexible working
- 25 days a year leave rising each year to a maximum of 30
- 8 Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development
What will you do?
- Produce and oversee clear responses in plain English to information requests under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) within the statutory requirements set out in these acts and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Manage the Social Work England’s data security incident reporting, analysing the cause of the incident and recommending remedial action as required.
- Escalate issues of non-compliance with legal requirements or data security incidents to the principal legal advisor or executive management team as appropriate.
- Advise the organisation in respect of data protection impact assessments, ensuring that where advice is not followed, the reasons for not doing so are recorded.
- Advising on change initiatives involving the use of personal data, record keeping for data-related activities.
- Set up and running of an information governance group.
- Manage the relationship with the Information Commissioner’s Office in respect of complaints and reported incidents.
- Work closely with IT and the business to deliver effective and secure processes to manage personal data.
- Work with the information team to develop and deliver relevant training programs to ensure adherence to agreed processes and policies.
We are looking for someone with
- Educated to degree level or have the relevant professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of European data protection issues and their application in an operational environment, including information risk assessment and management and knowledge of the ISO27001 information security standard.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation/UK Data Protection Law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels.
- Experience in the investigation and management of incidents and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge and a track record of managing requests made under the requirements of FOIA, DPA, and GDPR.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, analyse complex information and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of drafting strategy, policies, procedures and training materials
- Accessible, approachable and with an enthusiasm for fostering good working relationships within the organisation.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A proven role model for respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery.
How to apply?
To apply, please visit socialworkengland.org.uk to complete an application form. Applications close by 5pm on Monday 17 December 2018. Interviews will ideally take place early January 2019 in Sheffield.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit socialworkengland.org.uk