The panel will consist of :-
- Misba Shabir – Chair, Education Representative Sheffield Law Society & Irwin Mitchell LLP, Sheffield
- Jo-Anne Pugh, Director of LPC Programmes and Clare Grant, Head of Law at BBP, Leeds
- Andrew Callaghan, Director of the Centre for Professional Legal Education at The University of Sheffield
- Elizabeth Smart, Head of Law at Sheffield Hallam University
- Katie Hunt, Senior Consultant (Legal Division) at CRA Consulting
- Georgina Naylor (Graduate Manager) and Kevin Fox (Partner), Irwin Mitchell LLP, Sheffield
We will discuss a brief overview of the current Solicitors Qualifying Examination position, how this will affect education providers, recruiters and law firms. Integral to the discussion we will share the different approaches proposed by these groups and invite critical evaluation of how this will affect the recruitment of lawyers in the future, as well as giving you an opportunity to contribute your expectations, reservations and intentions.
We will also discuss the impact legal apprenticeship schemes will have on the recruitment of lawyers, looking more closely at the influence this will have on, and be affected by, the SQE changes.
This event is targeted at training principles, lawyers, education providers, and students, as a means to gathering market perceptions on what to expect and what plans have been put in place to implement the changes.
Please book your place as a delegate to this event please register HERE